DigiLens is helping companies free information from the confines of physical devices to a convenient and relevant location—right in front of you—allowing you to engage with your environment in a more meaningful way.
- DigiLens was founded by Jonathan Waldern in 2003 under the name SBG Labs.
- Jon was a pioneer in virtual reality in the UK, but emigrated to Silicon Valley to redress the deficiencies of classical optics for wearable displays.
- In 2015, the company was renamed from its “Switchable Bragg Grating” technology to DigiLens, its ever-popular brand.
- Today, the company licenses optical nanomaterials and holographic printing tools to leading manufacturers of waveguide optics.
- The world’s first commercial waveguide HUD for aerospace launched in 2016 led the forthcoming automotive and eyeglass-thin wearable AR displays.
- DigiLens’ mission is to be one of the world’s leading waveguide display technology providers. With the most creative, innovative and profitable products, our customers can merge the digital and real world imagery that augments their customers’ realities.